Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Bordone, V., Arpino, B., Aassve, A. (2017). Patterns of grandparental child care across Europe: the role of the policy context and working mothers’ need. Ageing and Society 37(4): 845-873.
- Arpino, B., Bordone, V. (2017). Regular provision of grandchild care and participation in social activities. Review of Economics of the Household 15(1): 135-174.
- Sanderson, W. C., Scherbov, S., Weber, D., Bordone, V. (2016). Combined measures of upper and lower body strength and subgroup differences in subsequent survival among the older population of England. Journal of Aging and Health 28(7): 1178-93.
- Testa, M. R., Bordone, V., Osiewalska, B., Skirbekk, V. (2016). Are daughter’s childbearing intentions related to their mother’s SES? Demographic Research 35(21): 581-616.
- Kumar, A., Bordone, V., Muttarak, R. (2016). Like mother(-in-law) like daughter? Influence of the older generation’s fertility behaviours on women’s desired family size in Bihar, India. European Journal of Population 32(5): 629-660.
- Bordone, V., de Valk, H. A. G. (2016). Intergenerational support among migrant families in Europe. European Journal of Ageing 13(3): 259-270.
- Bordone, V., Arpino, B. (2016). Do grandchildren influence how you feel? Journal of Aging and Health 28(6): 1055-1072.
- Bordone, V., Scherbov, S., Steiber, N. (2015). Smarter every day: The deceleration of population ageing in terms of cognition. Intelligence 52: 90–96.
- Bordone, V. (2015). Est modus in rebus: a longitudinal study of intergenerational solidarity and Locus of Control. Ageing and Society 35(6): 1242-1277.
- Skirbekk, V., Bordone, V., Weber, D. (2014). A cross-country comparison of math achievement at teen age and cognitive performance 40 years later. Demographic Research 31(4): 105-118.
- Arpino, B., Bordone, V. (2014). Does grandparenting pay off? The effect of childcare on grandparents’ cognitive functioning. Journal of Marriage and Family 76(2): 337-351.
- Bordone, V., Rosina, A. (2013) The role of education in the reconciliation between female occupation and family responsibilities at mid-life: the Italian case. Journal of Population Research 30(1): 39-65.
- Bordone, V., Weber, D. (2012) Number of children and cognitive abilities in later life. Vienna Yearbook of Population Research 10: 95-126.
- Bordone, V. (2009) Contact and proximity of older people to their adult children: a comparison between Italy and Sweden. Population, Space and Place 15(4): 359-380.
- Bordone, V., Billari, F.C., Dalla Zuanna, G. (2008) The Italian Labour Force Survey to estimate fertility. Statistical Methods and Applications 18(3): 445-451.
Books and book chapters
- Arpino, B., Bordone, V. (forthcoming) Active Ageing typologies: A latent class analysis of the older Europeans. In A. Zaidi, S. Harper, K. Howse, G. Lamura, and J. Perek-Białas (Eds) Building Evidence for Active Ageing Policies: Active Ageing Index and its Potential. London: Palgrave MacMillan. Chapter 13.
- Bordone, V. (2015) Intergenerational solidarity. In J. D. Wright (editor-in-chief), International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences, 2nd edition, Vol 12. Oxford: Elsevier. Pp. 402–408.
- Bordone, V. (2012) Social norms and intergenerational relationships. In G. De Santis, The Family, the Market or the State? Intergenerational Support under Pressure in Ageing Societies. Dordrecht: Springer Netherlands. Pp. 159-178. (Peer-reviewed)
- Rivellini, G., Bordone, V., Ortensi, L.E. (2012) I fenomeni demografici nel corso di vita familiare. In P. Donati, La Famiglia in Italia, Vol. I. Pisa: Carocci Editore. Pp. 47-90.
- Bordone, V. (2010) Intergenerational Relationships in Ageing Societies: An analysis of Solidarity Between Elderly Parents and Adult Children. University of Mannheim.